- Doctor of Engineering
- Construction structure and material
- +82 31 201 3329
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, USA, 2009.10 - M.S., Seoul National University, Department of Architecture, Korea, 2000.2 - B.S, Seoul National University, Department of Architecture, Korea, 1998.2
- Associate Professor, Kyung Hee University, Korea, 2010 - present - Structural Engineer II, Areva NP Inc., USA, 2009 – 2010 - Construction Supervisory Officer, Republic of Korea Navy, Korea, 2000 - 2003
- C. A. Duarte and D.-J. Kim, 2008, “Analysis and applications of a generalized finite element method with global-local enrichment functions,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 197(6-8):487-504. - D.-J. Kim, J.P. Pereira and C. A. Duarte, 2010, “Analysis of three-dimensional fracture mechanics problems: A two-scale approach using coarse generalized FEM meshes,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 81(3):335-365. - D.-J. Kim, C. A. Duarte and S. P. Proenca, 2012, “A generalized finite element method with global-local enrichment functions for confined plasticity analysis,” Computational Mechanics, 50(5):563-578. - Dae-Jin Kim, Sung-Gul Hong, C Armando Duarte, 2015, “Generalized finite element analysis using the preconditioned conjugate gradient method,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, 39(19):5837-5848. - Bong-Ho Cho, Jae-Sub Lee, Young-Ho Kim and Dae-Jin Kim, 2017, “Flexural Capacity of a New Composite Beam with Concrete-Infilled Tubular Lower Flange,” Applied Sciences, 7(1):57. - The entire list of Prof. Kim's research publications is available at Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=R9IfE44AAAAJ&hl=ko
- Best Teaching Awards in School of Engineering, Kyung Hee University, 2012 - Young Researcher Awards, Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 2014
Generalized/Extended finite element simulations, Development of efficient steel-concrete composite systems, Structural analysis of photovoltaic structural systems, Design and analysis of modular steel frame connections, Parallel simulations for large and complex structures.